- Your website is dead in competition get it redesignPosted 3 days ago
- Tips to Follow to Hire the Best Offshore PHP Development CompanyPosted 10 days ago
- When To Get A Dedicated Server vs A Virtual Private ServerPosted 21 days ago
- Adobe Rolls Out Web Marketing UpgradesPosted 52 days ago
- 5 Essential Resource Sites For Web DesignersPosted 75 days ago
- Nightmare Web Design Clients – InfographicPosted 128 days ago
- How to select the right Content Management System?Posted 149 days ago
- Web Design on the Go: Simple Code & Handy Tips for the HTML IlliteratePosted 181 days ago
- Tips for using Dreamweaver CS5 in your WordPress SitePosted 184 days ago
- 4 Special Elements Your Feature Box Must Have To Be EffectivePosted 184 days ago
5 Terrible Online Marketing Ideas
When creating a website or advertisement online, there are numerous things to keep in mind, making it easy to get side-tracked and miss the bar with internet marketing.
Especially if one does not have the right information on, or experience in, the online universe. Do not let this discouraged though, with a little research you can have your website up and running in no time.
To help get you started, here are a few ideas not to consider when marketing your business online:
1.Supplying little or no detail on services
There is nothing wrong with using vague terms now and then; one does not want a customer bored to tears, before even getting started. Too much meta data talk can do this.
However, be careful not to use vague terms all the time – this makes you come across as ignorant about what it is you do.
2.No past examples of work
Make sure to provide a page that focuses primarily on your past clients. Without proof of prior dealings, customers are likely to re-think any price you plan on asking of them, leading to second-thoughts on even dealing with you.
If you are just starting off make sure to be upfront about it from the word go, and inform the public of this, rather than try and deceive them.
3.Hard to contact
Don’t make it hard for people to get in touch with you.
It takes little effort to supply an email or telephone number, accompanied by a name, for contact details.
Don’t forget to check regularly on those attempting to get a hold of you. If a customer is kept waiting for too long, they begin to feel slighted, questioning your punctuality and reliability.
4.Bad traffic source
The best way to get people to your site is through paid advertising, but sometimes you have to try free forms of advertising too – article marketing for example.
What you do not want to do is spam people; this more often than not ends in failure and do not put up a false testimonial; this is fraud and could land you in jail.
5.Online classified advertising
The truth is the only people that go to have a look at these classified advertising sites are other online business owners. Large ad websites are no better, even with claims stating the ability to place your ad all over the internet.
As professional as these sites may appear, the scenario always stays the same.
Thankfully with online marketing you have the ability to fix or change bad ideas virtually in seconds, but still take the time to really consider your ideas and whether or not they will work in the long run.
Steve writes for Jobvine.co.za a jobs search engine in South Africa offering jobs in Pretoria.